Saturday, August 30, 2008

Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect

And here I dreamt I was a soldier/And I marched the streets of Birkenau/And I recall in spring The perfume that the air would bring/To the indolent town/Where the barkers call the moon down/The carnival was ringing loudly now/And just to lay with you/There's nothing that I wouldn't do/Save lay my rifle down

And try one, and try two/Guess it always comes down to/All right, it's okay, guess it's better to turn this way

And I am nothing of a builder/But here I dreamt I was an architect/And I built this balustrade/To keep you home, to keep you safe/From the outside world/But the angles and the corners/Even though my work is unparalleled/They never seemed to meet/This structure fell about our feet/And we were free to go

And try one, and try two/Guess it always comes down to/All right, okay, guess it's better to turn this way

And here in Spain I am a Spaniard/I will be buried with my marionettes/Countess and courtesan/Have fallen beneath my tender hand/When their husbands were not around/But you, my soiled teenage girlfriend/Or are you furrowed like a lioness/And we are vagabonds/We travel without seatbelts on/We live this close to death

And try one, and try two/Guess it always comes down to/All right, it's okay, guess it's better to turn this/But I won, so you lose/Guess it always comes down to/All right, it's okay, guess it's better to turn this way
Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect - The Decemberist


Don't know why, I couldn't get this song outta my head... I'm amazed tho' this song is kinda old...

No comments: